Last November I lost my bff, something I have been pretty open about and can also admit I am not 100% over. Nonetheless, somehow I have learned to be my own best friend through the process and have had amazing personal growth on so many levels that I thought i'd share 3 things that have happened since becoming my own best friend.
1. You become more secure of yourself
As I had mentioned in my 8 Things I learned while going through a Friendship Breakup post, I would make just about every single decision with my best friend. But now that it is just me, if have a doubt or feel unsure about a choice, I talk it out all with myself. This has encouraged me to have no other option but to go with my gut, allowing me to fully trust, believe and feel secure in both myself and my decisions.
2. You become your own cheerleader
Granted I have my Husband and Mom but I am currently my biggest cheerleader. I am so happy and proud of my every move, every choice, basically everything! You did that adulting today, yass girl yass! Go you! You wrote that whole post, styled, photographed and edited it all by yourself? Those pics look great boo, keep it up! I'm impressed with my own self and not in a cocky-Kanye way either. Just in a give yourself more credit - you don't need anyone else to validate you - kind of way.
3. You get to know your real self
Your life can become so intertwined with a BFF that lines are blurred, there is this twinning effect that occurs. In being my own best friend I now, not only know myself like never before but I'm extremely confident in the person that I've become. It's a reunion with myself, my personal style and overall being. It sounds much better in Spanish - un reencuentro conmigo misma, mi estilo personal y mi ser.
Shop The Look
- Top: This off the shoulder blouse is from New York & Co. I got it during their buy one, get 3 free sale! Here are similar options 1, 2
- Shorts: These Garage Clothing shorts were thrifted from Red, White and Blue in Paterson, NJ for around $9 bucks. Here are similar options 1, 2, 3
- Shoes: I've had these Luchiny - Just Ify wedges for a few years now they were sent to me for review. Here are similar options 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Purse: I bought this handbag from Macy's Backstage in West Orange. It's a Under One Sky satchel that I added a $5 puffball keychain too. Here are similar options 1, 2, 3, 4.